Thursday, August 06, 2009

NYP + Ghana Student

Random quote, "You are my exception." -Alex, from "he's just not that into you"

I went to NYP for a field trip. I really enjoyed myself there. First, we got a tour of their nursing course, there were a lot of dummies and a lot of medical equipment. There was even operating theatre and a delivery room. I got to try to use a defilburator, otherwise known as the shocker thing used by doctors in tv shows to revive patients.

HOWEVER!!!

I found out a truth about it. Defilburators are not used when a patient flat lines, you use it when the heart beat has a weird pattern. If a person flat lines, you do CPR. AND then person does not jump up when shocked, there is just a slight jolt. In my case, the dummy did not even jolt. And it took me many tries to get it correct because I did it wrongly. Super malu

After that we had a tour of NYP's digital media school, not as interesting as I thought, and my legs were getting tired, my bag was kinda heavy.

THEN WE GOT TO EAT! We went to participate in an experiment. I wanted to eat the har kow, but I ended up with this weird spicy salad dressing.

After that we had a talk about DPA then we were dismissed.

I some photos but I'm too lazy to upload them on Facebook since blogger is still F-ing up on me.

We had a Ghana student visit us, she was really friendly. It was tough to make conversations because I had no idea what to say. Because of the her visit, I got to skip almost half the day of school! But I missed the chemistry practical!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Had rehearsal for National Day celebration, really didn't want to go.

Lingered around in school and finally left later.

OH YEAH, IT'S PAST MIDNIGHT SO

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE PERSON MOST IMPORTANT IN MY LIFE, MY MOYHER. I WISH YOU A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

No comments: