Friday, September 16, 2011

Coffeehouse

*sip*
"I'm so glad I got this job! I've always wanted to be a radio DJ and this job is going to be my first step to becoming one!"

My coffee was searing hot. Instantly-burn-your-tongue-off hot. This he-bitch is yakking off and pushing all my buttons. The only thing keeping me from burning his face off with this coffee is the fact that I'll be sent to jail. But it doesn't hurt to imagine, does it? The scalding sensation running through his skin. His yelp of excruciating pain. Him cringing on the floor, scratching at his face, as if it would take off the pain. His eyes tearing.

You might think that it is unnecessarily violent. But let me explain the circumstances to you.

Imagine you had a chance to get a job, an extremely fun job, with great working hours and great pay. Plus it provides wonderful career opportunities in the future. You dream of it day and night and wish that you get the job.

But you don't.

And now this chap who got your dream job, is just yakking away about how excited he is about the job, completely ignoring your disappointment. You would be as pissed as I was.

I attempted to change the topic of the conversation many times, but this bugger just kept talking about the job.

"...my mother was so proud of me.......", Alex continued to yak.

I needed an excuse to leave soon, or else I would end up on the front page of the newspapers for murder.

Just then, a voice with a light British accent came from behind, "Excuse me, but could you please help take care of my belongings while I make a quick trip to the loo?"

I turned around to see a caucasian man, he had a long face topped with curly brown hair. He had a thin jaw with a slight chin dimple, he had well-defined cheekbones and a sharp nose. Definitely a good-looking man. I replied, "Yes, sure, we would."

He chirped politely, "Oh thank you so much, I won't be long!"

When he stood up, I studied him more carefully. He was wearing a grey sweater with black jeans. He was a lanky man but his clothes fit he just fine. I was jealous. I have the exact same build but my clothes never seem to fit me!

"Oh he has nice shoes." Alex said. And he miraculously stopped talking about the job and changed the subject of the conversation to his shoes. What a relief!

"I have to thank this white guy later, he is a savior, I guess this annoying bloke will live to see another day." I thought to myself. *sip*

No comments: