Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I'm going to barf, why must some people type in short froms all the way? (especially those supremely irritating ones like 'lurhs' for 'lor' 't' for 'to' etc etc). What happened to English?! What happened to spelling and writing in legible words? How can we be the future generation building our country when we can't even type/write proper English?

Seriously, is typing in short form that nice? Just for convenience sake you type in poor English and risk lowering the standard of your possibly low standard English? If it's meant to be cute, I'd rather have acid shoved down my throat than admit it's cute. It's an eyesore for me to see something splattered with short forms and bad English. I don't mind some of them like 'u' for 'you' or "noe/kno" for "know". But seriously, some short forms just don't make sense and are plain redundant !

Speaking of the way people type, what's with the xiao-(name) or XX(name)XX or ZZ(name)ZZ . I keep seeing for in game character names for mmorpg's? Or even worse Xiaozzxx-(name)zz.
I find the name very irritating . Again, is it a way to act cute? And what's with replacing 'a' with '@ ' and 'I' for '1' and 'E' for '3' or the sound "ate" with "8". Are these short forms the cause of poor English?

No comments: