Thursday, December 04, 2008

oh my god, do you speak english?

I have been very irritated by how people don't have the basic intellect to comprehend the following sentence: 

"Kenji is unable to reply, please leave a message, which I won't bother to reply". 

WHY?!

People can come up to me on msn and say,
1.Hi
2.Kenji, you play maple what world ar?
3.The class outing thing blah blah blah
4.Eh, what's with the display name? Very rude leh.

Number 3 and 4 are pardonable, since thy really were leaving a message (although it made me disconnect from the Maplestory game server). But 1 and 2 are trying to start a conversation and my display name already states that I am unable to and will not reply, so why bother talking to me? The download of Friends season 8 is giving problems while playing Maple, the conversations lag me even more!!! 

This may seem extreme, but look at the scenario, my display name clearly states that I am unable to chat, and you have to click on my display name to chat with me, and usually, while looking for my display name among your long messenger list, you will look for it by reading the bleeding display name. Having already seen the display name, why bother disturb me and ruin my mood and waste-everybody's-time-by-making-me-write-this-post-and-having-people-read-this post? 

What's more, my Personal Message says: 

" (I REALLY AM UNABLE TO REPLY) call or sms me (my hp number) , DON'T NUDGE ME. You can nudge me only if you are Donavon or Sean." 

I can hear some of you saying, "Then can't you just appear offline?" 
ans: Well, I remain online cos people who are online are at the top of the list in the MSN messenger, so people who want to say something to me will see my personal message, which asks them to call or sms me."

And questions like "Why play Maplestory? It's kinda sucky these days"
Answer: "Well, I'm doing it to kill time!!! The bleeding Friends season 8 is taking forever to download!"
Question: "Then can't you do your holiday homework or go out?" 
Answer : I'm a very last minute person. Although I've borrowed 2 books for my book review, it was a nightmare looking for them. Go out? You don't think I want to? It just makes my mum grumpy, which I don't like to do and no one's available, they're either working or overseas."

Question "Why did you have to sound so rude?"
Answer: Cos I've lost patience with people who don't have the slightest intellectual capacity to understand simple english."

As I have mentioned just now, I borrowed 2 books, "ttfn" and "Tom Sawyer". It was a nightmare looking for them. It was so vexing that I felt like burning down the library. I find it very confusing that although the booklist(ages 12-14) the labels book entitled "The Midwife's Apprentice"   "Difficult" for our level, it was shelved under the "J" section of the library, which is meant for 10-12 year olds. So what is it? What age group does it go to?.

If anyone was offended by this post, it wasn't meant to be offensive.

No comments: