Friday, November 28, 2008

AHHH!! JELLYFISH!!!

Some of you know that I have this huge fear of jellyfish and I was once even made fun of it. ("thanks" Sean) So I decided to read up a little bit of information on it. It turns out that vinegar is a good cure for jelly fish stings. And that box jellyfish(the deadly ones) can be found in Australia. 

I am never going to Australia. (Why would I even go into beach waters? I can't swim)

At least I know what to get for Humphrey when he goes to Australia. (lol)

Imagine

Me: Humphrey, I got you a farewell gift!
Humphrey: What?
Me: Vinegar! Cos I heard that jellyfish are common in Australia and vinegar is a good remedy for jellyfish stings!
Humphrey:     -_-lll

I don't think I'll be getting him vinegar, seems so not sincere.

And some urban myths state that meat tenderizers are good remedies for jellyfish stings...

Imagine 

Victim:  AHHH!!! I GOT STUNG BY A JELLYFISH!!!
Person who coincidentally has a meat tenderizer at the beach: Oh my! Luckily I brought a meat tenderizer !!! *Person uses it to continuously pound Victim's Chest*
Victim: OWW!!!!
Person who coincidentally has a meat tenderizer at the beach: I know the jellyfish stings hurt, but just relax!!
Victim: OWW!!! It's not the stings, it's-
Person who coincidentally has a meat tenderizer at the beach: I said just relax! Don't try to speak!!!
Victim blacks out
10 mins later 
Paramedics who just arrived at scene: It's too late to revive him, he has passed away.
Person who coincidentally has a meat tenderizer at the beach: That's too bad! Oh my god! His family will be so devastated!!*sobs*
Paramedic: Strangely, he didn't die from the stings, he died from continuous concussive force on his chest, do you which sick bastard could have done this?
Person who coincidentally has a meat tenderizer at the beach: Err... Oh! look at the time!! I've got to go....

But seriously, how many people bring vinegar and meat tenderizers with them to the beach?

No comments: